This training course consists of a classroom presentation and a written test followed by a hands-on skills testing session. The classroom portion focuses heavily on the safety, stability, and operational characteristics of today’s most commonly used Boom lifts including JLG, Genie, Skyjack, Snorkel and more. The hands-on portion is a great opportunity for growth as new and experienced operators learn, share and demonstrate new skills in a safe environment under expert supervision from an industry leading instructor. Learning how to accurately inspect and operate machines and the relevant workplace before use (a strong focus in this curriculum), is a key element in reducing workplace accidents and injury.
Finally, operators must pass a skills evaluation using current industry standards with approved documentation.
Successful candidates receive a Certificate of completion and a Photo ID Operators card valid for 3 years.
Applicable to Canada and US standards and regulations.
Classroom Duration: 4 hrs.
+ Pre-use inspection 1 hr.
+ Practical Evaluation 2 hrs.
Successful Candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the following areas:
- OSHA & ANSI Regulations
- Hydraulic Fluid Hazard awareness
- High Voltage Electrical Hazards
- boom lift safety systems
- fall protection/fall arrest systems
- emergency procedures
- capacity restrictions
- main parts and functionality
- pre-use & job site inspections
- safe and effective operating procedures
- hand signals for working with ground personnel
- MEWPS <5 degree protocols
- refuel, storage and transport procedures