This training course consists of a classroom presentation and a written test followed by a hands-on skills testing session. The classroom portion focuses heavily on the safety, stability, and operational characteristics of today’s most commonly used Telehandler Forklifts including JLG, Lull, Genie, Gradall, Skytrack and more. The hands-on portion is a great opportunity for growth as new and experienced operators learn, share and demonstrate new skills in a safe environment under expert supervision from an industry leading instructor. Learning how to accurately inspect and operate machines and the relevant workplace before use (a strong focus in this curriculum), is a key element in reducing workplace accidents and injury.
Finally, operators must pass a skills evaluation using current industry standards with approved documentation.
Successful candidates receive a Certificate of completion and a Photo ID Operators card valid for 3 years.
Applicable to Canada and US standards and regulations.
Classroom Duration: 4 hrs.
+ Pre-use inspection 1 hr.
+ Practical Evaluation 2 hrs.
Successful Candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the following areas:
- OSHA Regulations
- Hydraulic Fluid/System Hazard awareness
- High Voltage Electrical Hazards
- Forklift safety systems – ROPS
- Emergency procedures
- Capacity restrictions
- Load chart analysis
- Main parts and functionality
- Pre-use & job site inspections
- Safe and effective operating procedures
- Stability triangles
- Center of gravity & combined center of gravity
- Hand signals for working with ground personnel
- Safe refueling methods
- Storage and transport procedures